You will need at least one of your own (groups or members of approvers) set-up beforehand to complete the mapping. With at least one Panel you can always come back later and add more or amend them.
- The integration with Xero and Approval Donkey only handles approvals for Invoices, Bills, Purchase Orders and Credit Notes that you ‘Save and Submit for approval’
- These transactions will be sitting in your ‘Awaiting Approval’ folder in Xero and are automatically pulled into Approval Donkey and routed to your approvers (Panels)
- Approval Donkey calls Xero every 5 mins and pulls any transactions in the ‘Awaiting Approval’ folder
- Once approved any transactions in Xero automatically move from the ‘Awaiting Approval’ folder to the ‘Awaiting Payment’ folder
- Any transactions that are declined (except for Purchase Orders) and automatically moved the the 'Drafts' folder in Xero
Step by Step Set-up
Note: To set-up conditional mapping using e.g. tracking codes or set amounts please refer to the ‘Xero Conditional Fields’ Guide.
Login to the Approval Donkey Dashboard
Select the Integration Icon to go to the Settings page.
Select the Enable button for the Xero icon.
Select ‘Connect to Xero’
Login to the Xero organization you want to integrate with Approval Donkey.
Allow access for Approval Donkey to access your organizations data.
You will then be taken back to the Xero Settings page.To complete a basic Transaction to Panel mapping follow this guide.To set-up conditional routing of Approvals e.g. by tracking ID etc then see the ‘Xero Condition Mapping’ Guide.
Complete a basic transaction to Panel mapping with no conditions and select ‘Save’
The mapping is now complete.
Now whenever you ‘Save and Submit for approval’ any Invoices, Bills, Purchase Orders or Credit note in Xero they will automatically appear in your Approval Donkey Dashboard and everyone in the Panel will get an emailed approval request.