What is Zapier and how do I set it up?
Connect Approval Donkey to hundreds of other apps with Zapier.
The Zapier & Approval Donkey Zapbook (https://zapier.com/zapbook/Approval Donkey/) lets you connect Approval Donkey to hundreds of other web services. Automated connections called Zaps, set up in minutes with no coding, can automate your day-to-day tasks and build workflows between apps that otherwise wouldn't be possible.
Each Zap has one app as the **Trigger**, where your information comes from and which causes one or more **Actions** in other apps, where your data gets sent automatically.
Getting Started with Zapier
Sign up for a free Zapier (https://zapier.com/sign-up) account, from there you can jump right in. To help you hit the ground running, here are some popular pre-made Zaps (Approval Donkey Zapbook).
How do I connect Approval Donkey to Zapier?
- Log in to your Zapier account (https://zapier.com/sign-up) or create a new account
- Navigate to "Connected Accounts" from the top menu bar
- Now click on "Connect new account" and search for "Approval Donkey"
- Use your credentials to connect your Approval Donkey account to Zapier
- Once that's done you can start creating an automation! Use a pre-made Zap or create your own with the Zap Editor. Creating a Zap requires no coding knowledge and you'll be walked step-by-step through the setup.
How do I enable an integration with Zapier and Approval Donkey
Follow these simple steps to get an automated integration with Zapier and Approval Donkey set-up:
- Login to Approval Donkey and go to your 'Settings' page
- Click 'Enable' next to the Xero icon
- If you haven't already start your FREE 14 day trial account with Approval Donkey (You may need to click 'Enable' again after completing the trial set-up
- Select the 'Make a Zap with Approval Donkey' button (You may have to select the setting icon)
- You will now go through to the Approval Donkey Zapbook, complete the Zap set-up steps here for the integration you want to set-up (Zap templates are really easy to get going quickly)
- Once completed your Zapier and Approval Donkey integration will be set-up and your Zaps will start automatically flowing through every 15 mins
Is it best to set-up my Panels before enabling the integration?
Yes this would be the recommended approach that way as your are configuring the integration you have all the required Panels available at the time. It is no problem to change your Panels later of course.
Can I set-up multi step approval workflows?
Yes, the beauty of Zapier is you can make an approval workflow as simple or as elaborate as you like. You can even put conditional filtering in too.
For example you can route requests to different approvers if the amount of an invoice is over a certain amount.
Are Zaps sent through immediately?
Zaps may come through too, and be sent on from Approval Donkey at differing times but generally Zaps are sent and received every 15 minutes.
What apps can I connect to Approval Donkey via Zapier?
You can integrate over 1,000 of the worlds most popular apps with Approval Donkey via Zapier including Gmail, Trello, Asana, Evernote, Slack and loads more.
How do I retain formatting on Requests?
You can retain formatting on requests e.g. line spacing colors, images etc by sending them as HTML, for example when setting up a Zap in Zapier choose the HTML version of the request contents over the plain version if it is available.
Does Zapier cost anything?
Zapier has a FREE account that you can use to get all the benefits of Zapier and Approval Donkey.